Re: [OM] focusing screens

Subject: Re: [OM] focusing screens
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 12:52:11 -0400
Soenke wrote:

>Now, what I actually was looking for,
>was a 1-10, which seems to be really hard to find, and this converting
>got me thinking, whether it might be possible to turn the 2-4 into a
>'2-10' (scalpel and ruler?). Has anyone ever done thelike?

Actually I have tried this a while ago with a 1-4n screen that for me
was obsolete since I merely use 2-4's. I don't recommend this. The
result was usable, but not great. In one line the knife slipped a bit
and created a curved 'shadow' line. And the chance that you find a
SECOND 2-4 is even less than close to zero, you lucky one. Do you know
how much they cost new?

Hans