Re: [OM] Re: misc...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: misc...
From: wijsmuller@xxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 22:08:30 +0000
John Austin wrote:

> As far as multi-coating, the word according to Olympus
> America is that if the lens is labled F. ZUIKO,
> G. ZUIKO, etc., the lens is single coated. If the lens is labled ZUIKO MC or
> just plain ZUIKO, the lens is multicoated. Just another chapter in the
> Olympus saga.

I recently made an inventory of my Oly gear and Zuiko's, and noticed
that the newer lenses, without a character before 'Zuiko' *and*
without 'MC' on it, the text reads '35mm 1:2'
instead of '1:3.5 f=135mm' (on the x.Zuiko or MC lenses).

Since my sample is probably not large enough ;-(, I wondered whether
this change of text plays any role, and if it's possible to deduce
something interesting from it (regarding to multi-coating or not).
(I have a 75-150 that reads 'Zuiko auto-zoom 1:4 f=75~150mm'. I don't
think is multi-coated, but wonder if there are multi-coated versions
of this lens that read for instance 'Zuiko auto-zoom 75~150mm 1:4')

I have not seen this difference mentioned in the faq or in the
MC-date list at Lee's site, did I miss it? Or is it totally
irrelevant?

Bye,

Frank Wijsmuller,
The Netherlands.