Re: [OM] Identifying a filter and how to use it

Subject: Re: [OM] Identifying a filter and how to use it
From: "Jim Terazawa" <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 18:45:33 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jim Terazawa)
Ian,

I think someone already explained about what circular/linear polarizers are
constituted of.  Basically one fixed glass that allows to pass a flux of
light in certain angle and the another rotatable glass that allows to pass
separate flux of light in different angle (sorry for the poor explanation).

The 'V' mark on the roatating collar is useful when finding the maximum
polarizing angle viewing with your eyes.  This situation is not applicable
to single lense reflex with pentaprism (slr cameras) but is useful if
using on the range finder cameras where light polarization cannot be verified
through the viewfinder  - I read the instruction sheet provided with the
MC PL-CIRCULAR FILTER by Kenko last night.

Regards,
Jim Terazawa