RE: [OM] Re: OM-2SP

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: OM-2SP
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 02:05:47 +0200
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Lars Bergquist <timberwolf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Till: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 16 april 1998 19:14
Ämne: Re: [OM] Re: OM-2SP

>Wrote John Austin (re the OM-2 SP):
>
>> I do have a
>>quick question until my owners manual arrives. Is the spot metering area the
>>micro-prism/split-image circle on the focusing screen? Again many thanks for
>>all the input.
>
>Yes, this is about it. Do not expect a knife-edge kind of shutoff however.
>--I have just bought my fourth SP! I do hope this one will work properly!
>

>Vänliga hälsningar/Best regards
>Lars Bergquist

Hej Lars

>From where do you buy them (just in case mine stops behaving)? OM-2SPs seems
>to be very expensive here in Sweden. They are usually sold for about 2500 SKR.

I have a vague memory of a discussion a long time ago about the spot metering
area in OM-2SP, and I think the conclusion then was that the spot metering area
was slightly larger than the circle.

Per Nordenberg

"A chinese wise man has said:
If you speak disparaging of someone else it is quite possible that you say
something true about him, but sure is you say a lot about yourself."