Re: [OM] Re: Coating, MC or Not

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Coating, MC or Not
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:46:27 +0200
Mikael von Numers wrote:

>I have some additional information on the multicoating theme.
><snip>
>The efficience
>of the coating seems especially good in the 35 mm F2. Norman Goldberg
>writes about this lens in PoP Photo (April 1986): The 35-mm F2 bears
>the distinction of producing the lowest flare level of any lens we
>have tested in recent history that I can recall.

I have a MC-marked 35/2.0, it's a fantastic lens and yes, it IS good
regarding flare, but, in all honesty I've seen some even better, PopPhoto
have probably seen even better since 1986. But with a good shade (not the
original one, I use a hat or hand) this lens performs absolutely perfect
results. It has quickly become one of my favourites.

BTW, I've made friends with my single-coated 24/2.8. On my last trip to
sunny southwest US we really came to know each other, with some care in the
composition and shading with a hand I've now taken shots I thought was
impossible with this lens, even with the sun lurking just aside the frame. I
was thinking of locating a MC-version, don't think it will be really
necessary.

Every technical system made by man, camera, computer system etc. has it's
limitations. The trick is knowing them.

Ulf Westerberg