[OM] OM2000 Selling very well in Atlanta

Subject: [OM] OM2000 Selling very well in Atlanta
From: Scott Peterkin <martlet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 20:32:09 -0400
Hello Newsgroup !!!

Thanks for the terrific newsletter.  I've been a silent reader for a
number of months.  With your help I am slowly building my own
collection of Oly equipment and the knowledge to use it!

I stopped in at SHOWCASE Camera in Atlanta GA (USA) for
some PRINTFILE products (archival quality photo sleeves) and
asked the salesman at the counter how the OM2000 was selling.
He wasn't at all shy about talking about its success. He said that
the store had to keep plenty on hand just to keep up with demand.
Then he pointed to a large stack of boxes containing the body and zoom
lens kit. Are there any indications from industry press on how
successful
this product has been?  BTW - this store has a large street sign
with Olympus in big letters at the top.

Special thanks to R. Lee Hawkins for the new FAQ on buying used
equipment.
As a "newbie" to photography and OLY, this is a real treasure of
information.

Also - a month or so back there was a discussion regarding the best
camera
bag.  Although I own a nice Tamrac bag - I followed the advice given by
one poster (sorry can't recall who) that the best bag was a diaper bag.
I've just returned from a seven day Holland America cruise (to St Thomas
etc)
- with more than twentyfive rolls of exposed film - and two hours of
video.
The diaper bag - (Large Size) from Lands End was invaluable.
OLY stuff in one pocket, film & P&S camera in another, video
in the third.  The bag expanded to the size I needed and kept the
equipment dry when water from the ship swimming pools danced
around the boat decks.  Having the three separate compartments
was a plus when it came to limiting exposure to the elements.
When I returned any set of items to the bag, nothing else got damp.
The bottle warmer pockets made a great place to separate film by speed.

Looking forward to receiving my next OLY digest.  Thanks to everyone
for their contributions.

Cheers

Scott Peterkin
Stone Mountain GA USA