Re: [OM] Identifying a filter and how to use it

Subject: Re: [OM] Identifying a filter and how to use it
From: Lars Bergquist <timberwolf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 19:21:09 +0000
Wrote Jim Terazawa:

>The 'V' mark on the roatating collar is useful when finding the maximum
>polarizing angle viewing with your eyes.  This situation is not applicable
>to single lense reflex with pentaprism (slr cameras) but is useful if
>using on the range finder cameras where light polarization cannot be verified
>through the viewfinder  - I read the instruction sheet provided with the
>MC PL-CIRCULAR FILTER by Kenko last night.

Right. Durin the 'thirties, Leitz supplied double polarizers. One fitted over
the lens, the other was mechanically coupled to the first but fell before the
finder window. So you could rotate the ring and see the effect in real time!
They had many such fascinating Rube Goldberg devices ...

Vänliga hälsningar/Best regards
Lars Bergquist
Välkommen till/Welcome to ...
<http://www.bahnhof.se/~timberwolf/>