Re: [OM] OLY ES 10 Scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] OLY ES 10 Scanner
From: ONLYOLY BW <ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 23:42:59 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-17 20:28:42 EDT,
Winsor you write:<< I thought the same thing you did. I even checked a Mac
catalogue that
 listed the CoolScan II scanner, which "includes Photoshop plugin
 capability." Looking at Kennedy's message again, I realized he was not
 complaining about the scan, but the preview which is done by the scanner
 software, not image editing software.

Snip!
You are correct, the Coolscan preview has several functions you can adjust
(contrast, colors- red, blue, green, white and much more) before you send it
to Photoshop.  I can spend 15 to 30 minutes just playing with the adjustments.
With your head cocked sideways can be a problem unless you have shot a
vertical.  Then all is well.

 My flatbed scanner, a UMAX, does not
 let you rotate the preview either. No problem inside Photoshop. I don't
 find it a problem myself for the short time it is in preview with the
 limited things you can do prior to the final scan.

Snip!
The H.P. flatbed software is also very limited compared to the Nikon.
 BW