Re: [OM] Re: Weincell

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Weincell
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 20:05:31 +1000
Interesting. Can someone jump in when I'm wrong. I understand that the CdS
cell had a positive coefficient - the lighter it is, the more current flows
though it. If the battery voltage is higher, for the same ambient light, the
current will be higher, and the meter will read overexposure. When the
camera is adjusted to centre, this means the actual exposure on the film is
under exposed.

Is this what is happening? Have I got it right?

Foxy

>If a mercury battery of 1.35v give correct exposure in OM-1, and a wein
>(zinc-air) cell of 1.4v is 1/2 stop under.  Can I extrapolate that a
>silver oxide battery of 1.5v will be 1 stop under or more (aside from
>the possibility that 1.5v might ruin OM-1's circuitry)?

>John Hermanson wrote:
>>
>> For those interested, I've found there is a meter error of  1/2 stop
>> (underexposure) in a Weincell equipped camera, compared to a mercury /
MR9