Re: [OM] Re: misc...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: misc...
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 21:21:00 +0200
John Hermanson wrote:

> Alot of battery consumption complaints came from people using lithium &
> alkaline
> cells.  Even though the Oly owners manual said those batteries were okay to
> use,
> customer service soon started  telling everyone to use silver oxide only.

I´ve seen many photoshops which sell alkaline cell for photographic use,
even there is no camera which will run a long time with them.
I admit, I once put an lithium cell in an OM-2SP (my first OM, never had
any problems), because the dealer in the photo shop told me, that they
last longer, in the shelf yes, but not in the camera. There capacity is
in fact a little bit smaller than silver oxid ones.

Richard