SV: [OM] Varimagni variations

Subject: SV: [OM] Varimagni variations
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 12:13:58 +0200
Jan Decher wrote:

>P.S.: Speaking of Leica.  They make an ocular attachment that converts your
>telephoto lenses into spotting scopes.  I saw Kenko makes one for other
>brand lenses. Does anyone (you astrophotography people out there?) have one
>of these attachments for their Zuiko  2.8/180 or 4.5/300?  Does it work and
>is it worth the mullah?

Don't know about the Leica gadget, might be a different animal than what I'm
referring to.

There was a thread here a while ago, I didn't save any of the messages. A
few of us, including me, have one of these attachements. It works rather
well for lenses up to f/4.0-f/4.5. As I don't want to carry a birding scope
in addition to all my camera stuff, for me it's a very handy solution that
makes a 30X spotting scope on the Zuiko 300/4.5. As for pointing them to the
sky and stars, I don't know.

Ulf Westerberg