Re: [OM] polarizer filter vignetting

Subject: Re: [OM] polarizer filter vignetting
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 18:11:28 -0700
A circular polarizer that absolutely will not vignette on the 21mm f3.5 or
any other Zuiko lens with a 49mm filter thread is an original Olympus 49mm
Circular Polarizer. I know this for a fact from experience. They're about
$80.00 brand new, but you get what you pay for. Also the new Hoya Super HMC
series circular polarizers are only 5mm thick (no front filter thread
though). Even they are around $60.00 though, so unless money is a real
object the Olympus might be a better choice.

Regards,
John Austin
Oakland, CA