Re: [OM] 80mm and 135mm Macro lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] 80mm and 135mm Macro lenses
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 16:14:50 +1000

><< I know some people out there have these lenses. I've only ever seem
photos
> of them (which I find ironic. Photos of camera gear). The black bit that
> extends back, does it contain any glass, or is it just there to stop
anyone
> mounting it direct on a body?ThanksFoxy >>
>
>SNIP!
>Hi Foxy,
>Yes, they both contain glass, I have no idea why?  Both protrude out about
>3/4" from the mounting base and glass is at the end of both.  Why do you
ask?
>BW

I was looking for a lens to reverse on a longer focal length for macro
around 2 times. The 80mm is 31mm long from the mount. The rear glass extends
this somewhat and reduces the working distance. I might find another lens
(enlarger lens probably) to use instead.

If the Zuiko was shorter, I could use it for normal and stacked
applications.

Foxy