Re: [OM] Focus Rubber collar gluing.

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Rubber collar gluing.
From: "Thomas H. Hogan" <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 21:50:55 -0700
Dear Stuart -- when this happened to me I used plain old
               rubber cement.  I slipped the rubber collar
               on a 200mm f4 a few inches either way to apply
               the rubber cement. Twist the rubber collar
               back and forth some to work in the glue.

               Stretching ceased to be a problem when the glue set.

    This took care of the problem for me.

   Enjoy that 100 mm lens!

Stuart Goggin wrote:

>   However both have loose rubber focus collars,  it is as if the rubber has
> expanded as well as become unglued.
>
> Any hints for shrinking the rubber and regluing it???

  Hank Hogan --

--
Thomas ?Hank? Hogan
Biologist, Photographer, Web Designer