[OM] Tripods

Subject: [OM] Tripods
From: Ted Slotwinski <t2n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:53:23 -0700
Greetings all,

I haven't seen this topic covered much, so I though to ask the
experts.    I am continuing to learn to use my OM cameras and lenses but
I want to go to the next level.    With the weather warming up and the
rains subsiding ( at least in California ),  I will be able to do some
hiking and camping and attempt to take some nice outdoor photos (
wildlife, scenery, etc. ).    But, I would like to get a good tripod for
those extra crips shots!

What do you folks use?     I have read many posts in the newsgroups
about the Bogen 3001 legset and a good ball head ( Bogen, Slik, Linhof,
Kaiser or Foba ).    This seems to be good for combo for stability,
weight, ease of use and cost.      Any perferences for the ball head?
Other legsets to consider?     The heaviest camera / lens combo I have
would be the OM-2n + 300/4.5.

Also, since money is kind of tight right now ... ( Oh, don't you just
love the IRS! ), maybe one of you with some extra tripod gear would
consider trading for some of my extra OM bodies and/or lenses ...?

Let me know if interested and we can discuss offline.

Thanks,
Ted