Re: [OM] Batteries for OM2S

Subject: Re: [OM] Batteries for OM2S
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 23:48:03 -0700
       Andre,

        You want to use silver oxide batteries. Stay away from alkalines. They
      have the low life. also,it's best to use matched batteries. That is, same
      brand, same material (silver oxide), and best to change both together.
        I've had my OM2S for nearly 5 yrs now. Once I realized alkalines were
      a no no, I've had no problems with low battery life.
        As far as the hearing aid battery, that's for OM-1's, although I don't
      understand using zinc air hearing aid batteries when you can buy 625 size
      zinc airs as well. For OM-1's, I beleive John H's conversion allows the
      use of a silver oxide 44. Makes more sense to me :)

                                                    enjoy,
                                                     Brad