Re: [OM] Tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripods
From: WKato <WKato@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 02:52:54 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-21 18:47:54 EDT, you,Ted Slotwinski, write:

<<  have read many posts in the newsgroups
 about the Bogen 3001 legset and a good ball head ( Bogen, Slik, Linhof,
 Kaiser or Foba ).    This seems to be good for combo for stability,
 weight, ease of use and cost.      Any perferences for the ball head?
 Other legsets to consider?     The heaviest camera / lens combo I have
 would be the OM-2n + 300/4.5. >>

I checked onto Access Discount camera in search of the elusive circular
polarizer for my 21mm and they have B 3001s on sale for $59.00.  I myself lug
around a B 3221 which has some sort of generic ball head on it (photo swap
meet for $25).  I've never owned a real ball head but the generic works fine.
The Canon is sturdy, inexpensive but has a problem flopping over for
verticals.  If $$ are a concern, try the B 3262QR which is a medium duty ball
head with quick release(an essential)-although I don't know if it will
reliably support your 300mm.  Good luck.

Warren Kato
wkato@xxxxxxx