Re: [OM] Batteries for OM2S

Subject: Re: [OM] Batteries for OM2S
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:52:40 +0200
Andre Goforth wrote:

> I am aware of the terrible battery drain problem and the curse
> of the green LED when the flash is on.

Wait and see.

> The batteries in the OM2S I just took home today died. One is a Varta v76px
> and a 386 Energizer.  This this kosher?

Kosher not, but you may not die. Generaly it´s better not to combinate
different brand cells, because the might have different tech specs.
Obviously someone has put together in your OM two nearly extinct cells,
to save some bucks.

> Can I use two Varta v76px
> batteries without harm and have nominal meter operation?

Yes, they are silveroxid cells, good for the OM´s.

> I vaguely recall
> someone saying that there are some hearing aid batteries that work great.

They are an (inferior) replacement for mercury cells in an OM-1.

BTW R. Lee Hawkins made an extremly interessting FAQ about the OM
system.

Richard