Re: [OM] 2-x screens - again

Subject: Re: [OM] 2-x screens - again
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 21:10:59 +1000
>Hello Olympians,
>
>I found the Beattie screens homepage at:
>
>http://www.beattiesystems.com/

I found some info on how the viewfinder can be a lot brighter and the meter
not off by much.

"An essential part of the design of Intenscreen Plus? bright focusing
screens is that a very small proportion of the light is used through
scattering to form the image and provide focus contrast. The remainder is
transmitted through the screen and collected in a narrow cone by the special
fresnel lenses used. The meter sensor cannot be in your line of sight and so
is slightly off axis. This means that it may be in the "boundary layer" at
the edge of the light cone and will therefore not record a significant
change even though your eye may be seeing major brightness gains."

Foxy