[OM] OM & Tripods

Subject: [OM] OM & Tripods
From: Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:06:50 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I use the short version of the 3205 Bogen (Manfrotto) tripod as a
"backpacking" tripod.  It's the Bogen 3205S (Manfrotto 190SHB).  It's more
compact than the 3001 and has three clickstops for close to ground work.
I ordered a shorter center column for it to make good use of the low
positions.  Bogen's medium ball head 3262 is borderline stability even for
my Rollei SL66.  You can remove the ball head for travelling (small screw
driver required) and distribute the weight better that way.  Certainly a
compact Gitzo Carbon tripod is the ultimate  way to go, but not for my
budget.
Jan