[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #242

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #242
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:46:28 -0400
At 01:03 AM 4/24/98 -0700, Winsor Crosby wrote:
>Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 21:23:08 -0700
>From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] Tripods
>

>How do you like the Cullmann Magic 2? I have an old Leitz Tiltall which is
>sturdy and lighter than alot of the Bogens, but I usually don't take it
>unless in the car. I have looked at the Cullmann, but it seemed so light
>that I wondered whether it would function.
Mine functioned for four and a half years without a problem.  I think the
metal legs are hollow, which would make them light.  Last fall when I let
the tripod stand on the concrete ground by my car, it was not steady and
fell to the ground.  One of the plastic connections between the leg and the
arm of the tripod got broken.  I had it fixed for $25.00 shipping included.
 The tripod had a five-year warranty but the warranty was by a company, the
American distributer at the time,  which is now defunct.  I had it repaired
by the current distributer, R.T.S.  I have to say I had dropped the tripod
a few times but it was folded.  The metal legs have pin-size scratches now,
but it seem to sustain falls very well.

I still keep my Bogen, but the Magic 2 is the tripod I take with me to
oversea trips as well as local shooting jaunts which always involve hiking.
 With the Magic 2 and the OM-4T, I produced photographs which can be
enlargeable to 20x24.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-