[OM] 18 0rey Card

Subject: [OM] 18 0rey Card
From: Konrad Pizzuto <pizzuto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 15:51:38 -0700
Hi everyone,

I've heard about the 18 0rey card and that camera metering systems
calculate the light received from an object as that coming from
something of 18 0rey reflectivity.  I'm not sure I've got the whole
concept right... could someone be so kind as to explain the whole
concept... possibly in relation with the OM-10 metering system as an
example.

If I got things right, say you hold up an 18 0rey card in a certain
type of light, and get a shutter speed reading for a particular
aperture, does that mean that if the light does not change, and you take
ALL your photos in that particular light, with fixed shutter and
aperture settings the exposure's will be spot on?

anyway, sorry to bring you down to this level, but I have to learn
sometime!!

thanks

Konrad Pizzuto
--