[OM] STRING POD ! Thanks!!!

Subject: [OM] STRING POD ! Thanks!!!
From: "Thomas H. Hogan" <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 22:15:49 -0700
Thanks!  Doris
What a great tip!  I think I'll make a stringpod tomorrow.
I can't wait to try this out!!
Hank
*- DORIS FANG -* wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Clive Warren wrote:
>
> > OK Doris, I'll bite on that one - a stringpod?
> > Straight faced waiting for the sucker punch......
>
>   A stringpod is a device that weighs around 1 oz (or less) and buys one
> about two f/stops in camera steadyness. To make one (I do not know of any
> commercially sold), you buy a wrist strap, the sort that screws into the
> tripod socket. Cut the strap off. Buy about 8 feet of string, I prefer
> dark (green) color, because it will get dirty with use.
>   Make a loop with the string just long enough so that when you hold the
> camera to your eye, you can insert your shoe into the hanging part of the
> loop, with a little tension generated along the string between your foot
> and the camera. It is like a "negative" monopod, but works amazingly well.
> Plus, in places where tripods are taboo, I've never had a problem with the
> stringpod. It's so small, I sometimes forget it's in the camera bag!
>
>                           *= Doris Fang =*

Hank Hogan --

BTW,  I'm looking for a job as a biological science research
    technician.  If you know of anyone who might need a technician
    with my skills (see resume on my home page) please let me know.
--
Thomas ?Hank? Hogan
Biologist, Photographer, Web Designer