Re: [OM] Zuiko 300/4.5 question

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 300/4.5 question
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 17:47:16 +0200
Karjalainen_Alpo wrote:

>     A local Camera store has used Zuiko 300/4.5 for $245.
>     - Does anyone have opinion or test results on this lens' performance
>     (MTF graphs would be nice).
>     - Is it single or multi coated. Front element does seem to reflect
>     yellow/orange light. Does it say it is a single coated ?

I've never seen any test results on this lens, but I and many of this list
can assure you it's a very good lens. Though not bragging with APO, ED etc.
it outperforms many of such lenses. And for the multicoating, don't worry,
even the single-coated is phenomenal in this respect, You have to try very
hard to obtain any ghosting or flare whatsoever. For that price, just go and
get it!

>   - I sold my Olympus gear two years ago and switched to a Canon EF
>    system, but I'm considering now to switch back to OM system.

You're certainly not the only or first one. I struggled with Minolta for
quite a few years and learnt more about photography in one weekend with a
OM4 than all those Minolta-years. Welcome.

Ulf Westerberg