Re: [OM] OM-2S Problem: Can You Help Me?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S Problem: Can You Help Me?
From: "Doug Nowlin" <wa5ohb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 12:50:58 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, April 24, 1998 11:28 PM
Subject: [OM] OM-2S Problem: Can You Help Me?

>Dear Olympus Shooters:
>
>I have some shots from a recent shoot with odd, half-moon like distortions
>coming out of the camera-top border of the shots.  If you want to see, go

Don't forget that this would be the camera bottom if this took place behind
the lens. I hope that you didn't have many shots of your trip messed up by
this. John H. has one probable cause, but it should happen with other lens
combos. Otherwise, it could be some type of strange flare or reflection from
the particular combination. I used to buy lots of used cameras, and I came
up with some real strange shutter problems with cloth shutters. The most
baffling of all was an SRT-202 that put vertical black bars of varying
widths across the film. There was little pattern to the number,  width or
location of the bars.

As I discussed with you privately, some films do not properly render the
colors of the ground in west Texas. If memory serves me right, the gray
coloring of the rocks at the bottom of the top picture is what I didn't like
about some films.

Doug