Re: [OM] 18 0rey Card

Subject: Re: [OM] 18 0rey Card
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:33:11 +1000
>>Your hand reflects one stop more than 18 0rey. Meter off your hand and
open
>>up one stop.
>
>"Whose" hand?  8^>   Remember, even amongst Caucasians, skintone can vary
considerably.  After a long dark Edmonton winter, I look pretty pasty, but
even minor exposure to summer sun and I start to look like a swarthy Greek.

>Carry a small gray (grey) card.  It's easy.
>
>Garth

Make sure the sheen finish on the gray card doesn't reflect more than 18%.
Most caucasians are close enough to 1 stop over. Remember, the eye is lucky
to detect 1/3 stop error.

I use this method heaps when I don't know the tone of my subject enough.
Autumn trees. I don't know how middle this is. At weddings, I generally use
the green gras to meter. That gets some wierd looks. Line everyone up, point
camera at grass, point up and take picture.

Foxy