[OM] Cinco de Mayo in Veracruz, or bust! (plus, an apology)

Subject: [OM] Cinco de Mayo in Veracruz, or bust! (plus, an apology)
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:45:49 -0500
Hello, everyone.
You may have been wondering why I've not been as vocal lately on the list.
I've been very busy.  VERY busy.
Forgive my levity, but this is just way too much fun and excitement for one
man to bear:

 I and four other intrepid individuals intend to leave Fort Walton Beach,
FL aboard the 44 ft. sailing ketch "Finesse" on April 27th, set sails for
best speed, set the compass and autopilot for 240 deg. magnetic, and
proceed in this manner and not stop until we reach Veracruz, Mexico on or
about May 2.  We'll spend a few days there, partaking of the fun and
bounties (and spirits!) of the holiday and then, after re-provisioning the
boat,  re-embark and return to FWB on or about May 15.  No schedules, no
commitments, no work, no telephones, no NOTHING for three weeks, two of
which will be at sea (at Gulf??).  HEAVEN!

Now, of course, I am taking along my trusty OM-2S/35-70 shootin' iron,
along with the XA "battle camera" and lots of film.  I don't intend to come
back with ANY of it unexposed.  Assuming, of course, that I DO come back!

Now, the apology:  I've been so busy that I've screwed up my communications
with this list, and I needed to unsubscribe before I left, but I couldn't
because I didn't know how.  Why is this important?  Because I've had to
enable an extended absence feature on my mailer that replies to EACH AND
EVERY MESSAGE that I receive, saying that I'm away for an extended period
of time.  I've already asked Shawn to take care of this, but that won't
stop some of you from receiving the auto-responses.  I sincerely apologize
for this hiccup, if it happens (and it is likely).  It should be cleared up
as soon as Shawn wields his trusty subscription axe and cuts me off.

Have fun, do good work, and play nice.  I'll see you when I get back.

regards,

Mahlon