Re: [OM] Lighting close up photos - Zuikoholism

Subject: Re: [OM] Lighting close up photos - Zuikoholism
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 98 10:54:52 +0100
Giles may be right of course: if I clean my (beautiful) 300/4.5
"lovingly" and Stuart G accepts unwanted bodies with every lens he buys,
are we in it for the photographic instruments that they are, or do we buy
them because they have matching, attractive logos and because our
ownership of them will invite the admiration of a few aficionados ... and
we cannot afford Porsches?

Well, I'm in it for both reasons.  I love taking photos, but with the
"right" equipment.  My poor wife knows that if I suggest a walk in the
woods around here (Dutch/German border) I will take my little OM1N with
FP4+ loaded in the hope of finding some decent light playing through the
trees and dappling a small woodland cottage etc...  But I also scan the
back pages of Amateur Photographer for unexpectedly good deals.

I going to the island of Elba for my hols in July/August; anyone been
there or found some good places for sunrise/set scenes?

So, Giles, no free lenses from me chum, MC or not; what positions for
merely uttering the right words?

Chris