Re: [OM] Tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripods
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 08:30:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 25 Apr 1998, *- DORIS FANG -* wrote:

|On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, John A. Prosper wrote:
|
|> |OK Doris, I'll bite on that one - a stringpod?
|> |
|> |Straight faced waiting for the sucker punch......
|>
|> Is this a lightweight version of a chainpod?
|
|  Chainpod ? Is that some sort of lower vertebrate ? What they put around
|the ankles of low-security prisoners ? A nickname for a spouse ?
|
|                                        *= Doris Fang =*
|
|Okay, what IS a chainpod ????

A nickname for a spouse? :-)

I haven't used one myself, but Roger Hicks (Shutterbug
writer and photographer) has used and described them in at
least one of his books.  Basically, you attach a
sufficiently long chain to a screw (1/4" or 3/8") which fits
the tripod socket.  To use, you stand on the chain at a
point which supplies the necessary tension to establish
rigid support for one's shooting position.  It is flexible
enough to store away in just about any gadget bag.