Re: [OM] South West USA Trip

Subject: Re: [OM] South West USA Trip
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 09:11:07 -0400
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:01:55 BST you write:

>Have my English-American phrase book and am practising.....
>
>'Get down off that horse and imbibe some refreshment my good man'
>
>How am I doing?

Clive:
Some colorful phrases from my neck of the woods:

"We're in tall cotton now, son"

"Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while"

"When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to remember to
drain the swamp"

I'll leave it to the reader to determine what these phrases mean and
when they should be used... :)

Cheers,
--Lee