Re: [OM] New web site

Subject: Re: [OM] New web site
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 22:16:02 -0500
At 06:29 PM 5/1/1998 -0700, you wrote:
>This is an open question for John.
>
>In case Olympus Japan or Olympus USA decides to re-claim the word ZUIKO
>as their trademark word on the Internet, would John be willing to say
>*No problem at all. You can have it back and free?*

George,

I don't see why you're posing an open question to John about this. He has
nothing to defend.  Olympus cannot *re-claim* Zuiko as a domain name on the
Internet because they never claimed it in the first place.

Is this something other than a legal issue for you?  Is there a moral or
ethical right to an Internet domain name? I've never heard of such a thing.

How about OMTECH, John's email?  Is he expected to have to defend that as
well?

Look at the name of this list.  It's got "Zuiko" in it.  Is this list
officially an arm of Olympus Japan and/or America?  If not, how come John
can't have Zuiko and we all can?

My $.02.

Joel