Re: [OM] Stars and Low temperature

Subject: Re: [OM] Stars and Low temperature
From: "Marco" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2 May 98 14:13:16 +0200
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Gio, 30 apr 1998 1:20, R. Lee Hawkins <mailto:lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>The
>ISO specification is just a combination of the ASA and DIN values, so
>the proper ISO designation is "ISO 100/21")

Asfaik, your statement can be improved in this way: ISO specification
*notation* is a combination of the ASA (American) and DIN (German)
*notation* values, so the proper ISO designation is "ISO 100/21°"

Besides the "°" symbol, there's to say that the definiton of the
speed of an emulsion changed slightly from both ASA and DIN
specifications. On those times we were discussing of the new GPF that
was 160/23° but Kodak claimed it only 1/3rd (and not 2/3rds) more
sensitive than VPS... (100 ASA).

Marco