Re: [OM] Motor Drive 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor Drive 2
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 09:18:20 -0400
Artur Ch. wrote:

>I have question about Motor Drive 2 for OM4: does it works alone,
>without Ni-Cd Pack?

Nope. It needs either the rechargeable M.18V Ni-Cd Control Pack (1 or
2), the battery powered M.18V Control Grip (1 or 2) or the M. AC
Control Box to operate. Unlike the Winders, the Motor Drives have no
built-in power supply. Check out http://www.mcs.net/~smp/photo/oly.htm
for tech info.

>If yes, what is really this Ni-Cd Pack for? What is
>the power source of Motor Drive (I mean what kind of batteries)? And
the
>last question: is MD 2 really worth their price  - it's quite high :-(

You may be able to save some money when you can find a nice prized
Motor Drive 1 in good condition; the extras of Drive 2 (advance to
first frame, auto rewind, and some stupid led display that tells you,
amongst others, when to open the film back) are compensated by the
doubled battery life time of MD1.

Hans