[OM] Activity of Mr.Maitani in Japan

Subject: [OM] Activity of Mr.Maitani in Japan
From: "N.Maekawa" <maekawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 20:42:24 +0900
Mr.Maitani, a current executive of Olympus sales corp., who had been in
charge of the development of Pen, Pen-F, OM, XA series in Olympus, and who
had given his initial "M" to his "M-1", is very active in presenting his
story since last year.

His speech on M-1 development story was held in Tokyo in October last year.
Next was his speech on Pen-F development episodes on March 15 this year. And
third was on birth of Pen series on April 12.
I attended his M-1 and Pen-F speech and they were much interesting stories.
The comment on OM-1 I have added in my webpage in the URL below is based on
his story on M-1.
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~rt4n-mekw/om11.htm

It has already been clarified that he is now preparing for monthly articles
written by himself for one of camera magazines in Japan. The name of the
magazine and schedule is yet unknown but I am awaiting for it published.

Several articles on interview to Mr.Maitani was found in various magazines
as follows published recently in Japan. All of them are in Japanese.
- "'Mono' magazine" April 2 issue.
- Special april issue of "Capa" on information for buying used cameras.
- "Nostalgic camera macro Zukan(picture book)" Vol.4

And it is planned that the final speech by him on XA development story will
be held in Japan Camera Museum in July. I have already made reservation and
I am looking forward to attending it.

N.Maekawa
Japan