Re: [OM] RE: Which OM35-70? - a happy end.

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Which OM35-70? - a happy end.
From: Teemu Oinonen <Teemu.Oinonen@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 09:41:17 +0300
Terry and Tracey wrote:

> What macro range can you get in close up mode? Is this feature at the 35 or
> 105 mm end of the zoom range? I suppose what I'm really asking is what is
> the working distance when on close up?
>
> Foxy

I too bought this lens last week but haven't had a chance to give it a
workout. It seems that when the close focusing is activated the closest
working distance is about 30 cm from the front element (haven't measured
it though). This is when the lens is set to 50 mm mark: it cannot be set
to a shorter focal lenght when the close focusing is activated. Whether
the focal lengt really is 50 mm for the shortest focusing distance I'm
not sure.

Did I understand the lens hood cross reference correctly, does the tulip
type hood of 35-80/2.8 fit the 35-105?

--
Teemu Oinonen
Finnish Environment Institute