Re: [OM] Lighting close up photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Lighting close up photos
From: "Marco Tomat" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 5 May 98 23:20:29 +0200
On Mar, 5 mag 1998 15:22, ONLYOLY BW <mailto:ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi Marco,
>Are you using 1000W Halogen lamps on a copy stand??  I use 4 50W
small 2"
>Halogen lamps on a Kaiser stand and I melted a OM lens cap once when
>adjusted the lamps too close.  Are these 1000W and 650W lamps
something
>special? Or am I misunderstanding "repro" for close-up work?
>BW

My lamps are not less 1.5 meters from each other, the camera in the
center. Are mounted on a reprostand  with a baseplate of about cm
70x100. I use generally two lamps, four with larger subjects. And yes,
I become almost melted myself exp. on summer, when using them. I can
tune °K temperature with a TRIAC circuit that allows full control of
tension value. I have to dim the lights a lot when changing originals,
and use full power for focus and exposure only.

Marco
mailto:tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx