Re: [OM] new OM bodies

Subject: Re: [OM] new OM bodies
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 14:20:03 -0400
>At 01:17 PM 5/5/98 -0400, John Hermanson wrote:
>>Is the Centurion the APS version of an IS-10 or 20?
>>

>Yes, that's a fairly precise description.  The Centurion-S is still so new
that I'm having trouble finding a dealer who actually carries it (Denton
Taylor was kind enough to contact B&H for me and inquire, but he didn't get
the info I needed...)

According to my local camera store, the Centurion-S is listed in the
catalog.  Its list price is $728.  My local camera store will sell it for
about $575.  They will order one for you if you are interested.  If you are
interested in technical information about the camera and the Digital Photo
Studio Olympus America is touting (estimated street price of $899), look at
the following pages on the Olympus America Web site:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/camera/centurion/system.html
http://www.olympusamerica.com/camera/photostudio/photostudio.html
http://www.olympusamerica.com/centurion/centurions.html

I might note that in Japan Olympus is selling the ES-10 as ES-10P and
ES-10S, parallel and SCSI versions, respectively.  Both come standard with
the APS module.  The ES-10P was substantially reduced in price in November
1997.  I don't remember the price offhand exactly, but it is basically $100
less than the American price.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-