Re: [OM] Eyecup & 1-10 focusing screen for OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Eyecup & 1-10 focusing screen for OM-1
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 12:52:08 -0700
Eyecup 1 is long discontinued. Eyecup 2, in my opinion, is not as well made
and doesn't block out light as well (it's rectangular rather than round),
and looks "cheaper". If you have not used the Eyecup 1 before, be aware of
two things. First, the Eyecup 1 vignettes the viewfinder image (Eyecup 2
does not do this). Second you will have to remove Euecup 1 to open the back
(again, Eyecup 2 does not suffer from this). Eyecup 1 is still available new
from Wall Street Camera www.wallstreetcamera.com for I believe $15.00. Used
ones are hard to find, but they seem to show up on the eBay auction
occasionally. www.ebay.com
The 1-10 screen is, of course, available new from any Olympus dealer, and
you might check for used ones with two group members who are Oly dealers.
Paul Van Tuyl at www.olympusguy.com , and John Hermanson at www.zuiko.com.

Regards,
John Austin
Oakland, CA