[OM] Introduction

Subject: [OM] Introduction
From: Bill Bishop <bbishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 10:16:26 -0400
I have been lurking on this group for some time now. I have enjoyed all
your comments. I guess it is time for me to contribute as well.

I am a teacher at a school for high school kids gifted in science and math.
Every year we take a week off from regular school to do a week of creative
activities. I do pinhole phototgraphy for those interested. I give the kids
some background info and direct them to some websites for other info.

They each design and build their own pinhole camera. We've had cameras made
from scratch out of cardboard boxes, film cans, coke and coffee cans, etc.
The students also have to calculate the pinhole diameter needed for their
camera's "focal length". They make their pinhole using aluminum metal cut
from aluminum pizza pans I buy from the local discount stores.

We've gotten some really creative images. One student even made stereo
pinhole prints. Others design wide angle and panoramic cameras.

I have made an instant pinhole camera out of an old Polaroid camera so that
I can show the students some results quickly.

It's been a lot of fun!

Bill