[OM] Olympus bargian at last.....

Subject: [OM] Olympus bargian at last.....
From: John Gardner <vu49@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 15:34:08 +0100
Hey all,

I finally got  an Olympus bargain, though not an OM. My mum's next door
neighbour just brought round three cameras that someone had donated for
a jumble sale. One of them was a mint Olympus Trip 35 (the original
one). Don't know whether it was called this in the States. She wanted £5
for all three cameras (about $8) so I said it was a high price but I'd
reluctantly pay it :)

I've been after one of these Trips for a while and this one's perfect.
Even when building a compact 35mm all those years ago, good old Olympus
knew what they were doing.

Its built on an all metal chassis, is covered around its midriff with
lovely dimpled black leatherette (reminds me of an OM pressure plate)
with lovely alluminum top and bottom. Has a D Zuiko 40mm lens, tripod
socket and even a threaded shutter button for a cable release. The
viewfinder is *very* bright and has an extra little window so that you
can see what distance setting you're at without taking your eye from the
viewfinder. Along the lines of its mother system, it has the aperture
settings (for the flash) around the throat of the lens mount. Practical
Photography magazine were raving about this camera a few months back,
saying it was one of the best compacts ever made. This is what got me to
wanting one.

I'm currently putting a Kodak Gold 25asa print film through it just to
test its quality. If it passes this test, it'll remain in my pocket
loaded with B&W Ilford Pan F ready for those not to be missed shots.

I'll keep you posted.

John.