Re: [OM] SoCal, anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] SoCal, anyone?
From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 11:26:39 EDT
Hi Gary S:

Great of you to propose a get together!

> The really logical get together is for a Buena Park Camera Show.

Gee, that must have been me speaking.  Do I really sound that way.  :-)

> and others
>  who tire of wallowing in the guilty pleasures of Las Vegas,
>  are welcome to join us.

Gosh, I'm most likely to follow in the direction Clive is going, which I
understand to be the opposite direction from LA.  He has slot canyons on the
mind and I have to locate a pristine area for fungus collecting - not the kind
of fungus lerking in LA, though.

Lately I've been ruling out those big California shows as being worth their
time for bargains.  I went to the small Santa Barbara show in January and
considered that worthwhile.  But recent postings here make the big shows sound
like bleak pickings.  I admit to being curious about the possibilities of
Canon FD for Oly Zuiko swaps, as well as Canon FD for view camera lenses.

Bottom line is to ask for a rain check on that holiday date.  There is always
the June show.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV