[OM] Thailand - Buying film and X-rays

Subject: [OM] Thailand - Buying film and X-rays
From: Mike Bloor <mikbloor@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 14:11:11 +0100
I will be travelling to Thailand soon.  Does anyone know of shops in Bangkok
and/or Chiang Mai who sell Fuji professional slide film (Velvia & Provia)
which is properly kept in a fridge ?

Does anyone know what the airports at Bangkok, Chiang Rai, Phuket and
Amsterdam are like on hand checking films ?

To add to the list already posted on attitudes to hand checking:

Belfast:                        OK
London Stanstead:               OK
Knock (Ireland):                OK
Chicago:                        OK
Perth (Western Australia):      I have this theory that all the most
unpleasant people in Perth were
                                rounded up and put to work at the airport.
Customs, baggage check and
                                health department officils were some of the
most unpleasant and racist
                                (I felt very sorry for the crew of the
Malaysian Airlines plane I was on)
                                that I have ever met.  My theory is bourne
out by the fact that outside the
                                airport the folks in Perth are fine.