[OM] Pond's Cold Cream: where to find it?

Subject: [OM] Pond's Cold Cream: where to find it?
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 07:42:19 GMT
I have tried to locate a jar of Pond's Cold Cream here in Holland...

Apart from some curious looks and questions in the shops (what are you
gonna use it for? to clean my lenses...) almost nobody knows the
product. Ponds is a brand that is widely marketed here, with many
creams on the shop's shelves indeed.

But this Cold Cream: an elderly saleswoman told me that she hadn't
seen it since about twenty or twenty-five years. Which is about the
same time the Olympus lenses came onto the market... any connection
there?

Is the product still marketed elsewhere in the world, or is it a
remnant of the past (started in the early 1900's), only available yet
in the US....

I have browsed through the entire website of Unilever's, but not been
able to find more than hints to the past as well.

Please help...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht - Netherlands