[OM] Beattie Intenscreen and Bogen Comments (and Zuikoholism)....

Subject: [OM] Beattie Intenscreen and Bogen Comments (and Zuikoholism)....
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 15:48:38 -0400
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all:
Just returned from the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  On the way, I
purchased a Bogen 3221 tripod w/ 3030 head.  Really a nice combo,
although the tilt adjustment is set a little tight at the factory.
After adjustment with an Allen key, it is fine.  Beats my old Slik U212
to pieces.

This was the first trip during which I got to test my new Beattie
Intenscreen w/grid and diagonal split prism.  It is... fantastic!
Bright, good "bokeh", images snap right into focus, and if you don't
trust the matte, you have the split prism as a backup and indication of
the spot area.  Worth ever penny.  It was especially nice taking pics of
the Cape Hatteris Lighthouse in low light at sunset.

The purpose of this trip was mostly fishing, with a friend of the
family.  After spending a week on a $35,000 boat, pulled by a $35,000
pickup truck, and using $200 rod/reel combos (actually pretty cheap for
deep sea fishing), my Zuiko/OM habit looked a lot less expensive and
justifiable.  And as Dad pointed out "you can't buy the pics you take,
but you can always buy fish or hire a charter boat."

So all of you folks worried bout your Zuiko habit, take heart.  It could
be much, much worse :)

Cheers,
--Lee