RE: [OM] Telephoto lens.

Subject: RE: [OM] Telephoto lens.
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 22:28:41 +0200
Thanks to all that responded to my question of how the Sigma mirror 600/8
compares to the Zuiko 500/8. It seems Sigma is much lower on contrast than I
feared and that the Zuiko mirror lens is significantly better than I thought
(somewhere I´ve read it was only ranked as an average mirror lens). Distorsion
seems to be less on the Sigma lens though. On the other hand, for 1450 SKR (c.
190 USD) in mint condition I still think the Sigma lens was a pretty good buy,
although it does not have the feel of my Zuiko 300/4.5. Doesn´t the later
versions of this Sigma lens come in weather-proof camouflage with soft grip
rubber focusing ring? A gimmick perhaps to be able to sell an old lens design,
but they sure must look great!

Per Nordenberg