RE: [OM] Slides on the cheap - a beginners guide

Subject: RE: [OM] Slides on the cheap - a beginners guide
From: "Chung, Stephen (D&B Telecom)" <ChungS@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 02:36:26 -0400
Firstly, thanks to all, who have shared their experiences on these
matters.  I especially like Warren K's story about what do do with the
volumes of prints/framed prints accumalated over the decades.  Boy is my
mum (mom, ma etc) gonna get a surprise this weekend.

Joel W wrote:
>>Make friends with a lab that's willing to deal with gonzo lengths of film
>>in cases where you've forgotten how many times you wound the bulk loader!
>>I've only worked with bulk loading BW film I was planning to process
>>myself. A lot of that got scratched from using suspect, reusable
>>cartridges.  Probably not good for a guy who wants every frame on the roll
>>to be a winner, to wit:
Yes I've been warned about the perils of bulk loading and some of the
other do it yourself procedures, but feel compelled nonetheless to have
a go myself.  Even if I come to the same conclusion as you guys, I'd be
a lot happier if  I verified these things for myself, the novelty hasn't
even started, let alone worn off.

The same goes for getting the perfect exposure on every frame, it is an
ideal that I am aiming for and not expecting to acheive, if I ever get
there, it won't be half as fun anymore.  As for digital darkroom, by the
time I'm ready for it I'll be able to say boy this sure beats the time
and effort you have to put towards ye old darkroom.

SNIP
>>My brother has a
>>Minolta wundercube that can out-matrix an OM-4 a bunch. He usually shoots 5
>>to 7 half-stop brackets, and doubles, too!  Unless you shoot at home or in
>>the back yard, the film is really the cheap thing in a photo opportunity.
Ok Joel, I've been mulling over this one for a while now, and I must be
missing the point - my home cost a bundle, even more so when you add the
backyard to it.........  Wait a second, ohhhh yeaaaah :-)I see what you
mean, you're saying a house being an inanimate object, can be
photographed any ol time, I mean its not like it's gonna up and wander
off just as your about to take its photo right?
So along these same lines, my neighbour's trailer for example must be,
in photo opportunity terms, far more valuable than his house because you
need to catch it perfectly on film before he drives off with it.  Yeah
gotcha, thats very astute of you Joel, thanks for the tip, you'll have
to excuse me now cos I've got this sudden urge to buy a towbar for my
car.

Regards
S.C.

OMZC: The Cullman Table Top/ Shoulder pod is a worthy support item to
add to your string, chain, mono tripod and for $US20 bucks is a worthy
mobile platform for your Zuiko 300 f4.5 when inching into position for
those Lion/Tiger/Hungry Bears with big sharp teeth photographs.