[OM] What's wrong with an OM-10?

Subject: [OM] What's wrong with an OM-10?
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 21:06:05 +0200
Hi all!

I just had to ask another question, as Hans (VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote a
couple of days ago:

> Winders are targeted at amateurs and motor drives are targeted at
> professionals; compare it to the difference between the 2 digit OM's
> like the OM-10 and the 1 digit OM's like the OM-1. Professional sport
> photographers just need a 5 frames/sec. speed. The more versatile
> (exchangable) power sources is also a feature most amateurs don't need.
> And, not the least, motor drives are built for heavy duty usage. That's
> why they're so expensive. When you shoot daily some 20 rolls of film or
> more with a Winder, it probably won't last very long. Same is true for
> an OM-10...

Well, It is not the first time someone says disparage things of an
OM-10.
My question is simply; what is so wrong with the OM-10?
I have two cameras and one of them is an OM-10. When I bought the camera
in Brisbane I soon find that I wanted a possibility to change the
shutter
speed, so I bought a manual adapter. Now I think I have got everything I
want a camera to have. For my camera it takes good pictures, it is
working
well and it is reliable (so far "knock on wood"). What more can I ask
for?

Seriously, I am very interested to hear from you all. As I said, I have
heard these things before. What is the truth of this camera?

Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen
  Gislaved, Sweden