[OM] Auto Ext Tube 65-115 a baby rattler?

Subject: [OM] Auto Ext Tube 65-115 a baby rattler?
From: Andre Goforth <goforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 21:00:53 -0700
Olympiads,

I have just received an Auto Ext Tube 65-115 which looks cosmetically
excellent, all shiny, new and no dings. However, after mounting on a camera
and installing a lens I noticed the baby rattler phenomena. I could use
this tube in a latin band!  Is this nominal for an Auto Ext Tube 65-115?
Has anyone thought of using their tube as a baby rattler as well as for
photography? The noise is coming from the rear of the tube and appears to
be related to the auto stopping down mechanism. Any advice will be greatly
appreciated. I am dealing with a repuitable  outfit but since I haven't any
other Auto Ext Tube 65-115 to compare with I don't know if this typical or
not.

Andre

San Carlos, CA