Re: [OM] Macro Reversing

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro Reversing
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 14:04:59 +1000
Try 200mm lens as your prime lens. I've had to put my Tamron 90mm with a
2X-A to avoid viginetting. 150mm wasn't enough. You mentioned Hoya close up
lenes. Do you use the 1 to 4 diopter, or the 10 diopter?

At the magnifications you are talking about, depth of field is a huge issue.
Stopping down too far will increase depth of field, but also increase
diffraction.

I would try the 200 with the 135, 100 and 50. But the magnification is
getting pretty big.

I was going to buy some enlarging lenses, 100mm and 50mm (f3.5 to 4) Keh
listes these for about 20 to 25 dollars US. (With today's rate, I'll have to
sell a car!). Using John Shaw's info, I will mount them on a screw in filter
cap and see what happens. Hoya make a 2 element 10 diopter (see above), but
I'm not sure of quality. They say it gives excellent reproduction, but I've
never read "this is a terrible video" on a video cover yet either. But my
prime lens will have to be the 90mm and 2 times. I don't own a 200mm f4.
Yet.

Personally, I like extension on my 90mm or 50mm f3.5 to life size, and
trying reversed lenses beyond that. Just not enough lenses......

Foxy