Re: [OM] Snakeskin OM-1?

Subject: Re: [OM] Snakeskin OM-1?
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 23:47:50 -0800
John H. wrote:

>In the early 80s, Olympus offered 5 (?) different  replacement coverings
>for the OM-1 and OM-2.  They were short lived and pulled from the market
>when they caught the eye of animal rights organizations (as I recall).

Hmm, I had an OM-2N which was clad in one of these. The leatherette color
was VERY green, and to me it felt very far from real leather. Maybe they
skinned Kermit the Frog, or Godzilla :-)  I have long since sold the
camera, but not before taking a few snaps of it. Definitely an acquired
taste, IMHO.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA